Road works will affect A39 next week
ESSENTIAL resurfacing work is to be carried out on the A39 between Kentisbury Ford and Blackmoor Gate from Monday (June 6.)
The scheme will be carried out in two phases which have been programmed to coincide with half term week and to be completed before the main tourist season.
Phase one, from Kentisbury Ford to Arlington Beccott, is due to start on Monday and is scheduled to take around five days. A signed diversion route will be in place.
The second phase, from Kentisbury Ford to Blackmoor Gate, will continue on at the end of the first phase and should be completed by Tuesday, July 5.
The closures will be in place during normal working hours from 8am-6pm. Access will be maintained to properties within the closures at all times.
Contractor South West Highways is carrying out the work on behalf of Devon County Council.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 9 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 10 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs