Road works will affect A39 next week
ESSENTIAL resurfacing work is to be carried out on the A39 between Kentisbury Ford and Blackmoor Gate from Monday (June 6.)
The scheme will be carried out in two phases which have been programmed to coincide with half term week and to be completed before the main tourist season.
Phase one, from Kentisbury Ford to Arlington Beccott, is due to start on Monday and is scheduled to take around five days. A signed diversion route will be in place.
The second phase, from Kentisbury Ford to Blackmoor Gate, will continue on at the end of the first phase and should be completed by Tuesday, July 5.
The closures will be in place during normal working hours from 8am-6pm. Access will be maintained to properties within the closures at all times.
You may also want to watch:
Contractor South West Highways is carrying out the work on behalf of Devon County Council.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon