Road works will affect A39 next week
ESSENTIAL resurfacing work is to be carried out on the A39 between Kentisbury Ford and Blackmoor Gate from Monday (June 6.)
The scheme will be carried out in two phases which have been programmed to coincide with half term week and to be completed before the main tourist season.
Phase one, from Kentisbury Ford to Arlington Beccott, is due to start on Monday and is scheduled to take around five days. A signed diversion route will be in place.
The second phase, from Kentisbury Ford to Blackmoor Gate, will continue on at the end of the first phase and should be completed by Tuesday, July 5.
The closures will be in place during normal working hours from 8am-6pm. Access will be maintained to properties within the closures at all times.
You may also want to watch:
Contractor South West Highways is carrying out the work on behalf of Devon County Council.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl