Road works will affect A39 next week
ESSENTIAL resurfacing work is to be carried out on the A39 between Kentisbury Ford and Blackmoor Gate from Monday (June 6.)
The scheme will be carried out in two phases which have been programmed to coincide with half term week and to be completed before the main tourist season.
Phase one, from Kentisbury Ford to Arlington Beccott, is due to start on Monday and is scheduled to take around five days. A signed diversion route will be in place.
The second phase, from Kentisbury Ford to Blackmoor Gate, will continue on at the end of the first phase and should be completed by Tuesday, July 5.
The closures will be in place during normal working hours from 8am-6pm. Access will be maintained to properties within the closures at all times.
You may also want to watch:
Contractor South West Highways is carrying out the work on behalf of Devon County Council.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage