Road safety wristband gift for Combe Martin pupils
- Credit: Jim Wileman
McCarthy and Stone donates handy road safety reflectors to local school.
A developer of retirement homes is working to keep the youngest members of the community safe during the dark winter months too.
McCarthy and Stone has donated 250 reflective road safety wristbands to Combe Martin Primary School to help keep pupils safe while they walk to school.
Headteacher Damian Railston thanked the company for its gift: “We actively encourage our pupils to walk to and from school; it’s a great way to keep healthy and active and reduces road congestion,” he said.
“However, many are now finding themselves doing their journey in the dark, and we’re keen to make sure they stay as visible and safe as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
McCarthy and Stone is currently selling a range of one and two bedroom Later Living apartments on at Lantern Court on Hillsborough Road, Ilfracombe.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted