Road safety wristband gift for Combe Martin pupils
- Credit: Jim Wileman
McCarthy and Stone donates handy road safety reflectors to local school.
A developer of retirement homes is working to keep the youngest members of the community safe during the dark winter months too.
McCarthy and Stone has donated 250 reflective road safety wristbands to Combe Martin Primary School to help keep pupils safe while they walk to school.
Headteacher Damian Railston thanked the company for its gift: “We actively encourage our pupils to walk to and from school; it’s a great way to keep healthy and active and reduces road congestion,” he said.
“However, many are now finding themselves doing their journey in the dark, and we’re keen to make sure they stay as visible and safe as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
McCarthy and Stone is currently selling a range of one and two bedroom Later Living apartments on at Lantern Court on Hillsborough Road, Ilfracombe.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley