Road closure will not affect access to Bideford Hospital, say gas company
A GAS company has assured patients that an 11-week road closure along Abbotsham Road in Bideford will not affect access to Bideford Hospital. Work to replace a gas main by Wales and West Utilities will be phased to ensure access to the hospital and adjace
A GAS company has assured patients that an 11-week road closure along Abbotsham Road in Bideford will not affect access to Bideford Hospital.
Work to replace a gas main by Wales and West Utilities will be phased to ensure access to the hospital and adjacent doctor's surgery will be available from both end of the road at all times.
There was confusion last week when signs warning of the works said the road would be open to residents only.
One profoundly deaf patient, who asked not to be named, contacted the Gazette to say she was unsure whether she'd be able to get to the hospital due to the road closure.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Wales and West said: "We have liaised with all necessary parties and have assured them that access to the hospital and health centre will not be compromised whilst we are working in the area.
"We are currently sourcing signage that states access to both premises will remain at all times."
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
The work started yesterday (Monday) and is expected to be completed by October 8.