Road closure will not affect access to Bideford Hospital, say gas company
A GAS company has assured patients that an 11-week road closure along Abbotsham Road in Bideford will not affect access to Bideford Hospital. Work to replace a gas main by Wales and West Utilities will be phased to ensure access to the hospital and adjace
A GAS company has assured patients that an 11-week road closure along Abbotsham Road in Bideford will not affect access to Bideford Hospital.
Work to replace a gas main by Wales and West Utilities will be phased to ensure access to the hospital and adjacent doctor's surgery will be available from both end of the road at all times.
There was confusion last week when signs warning of the works said the road would be open to residents only.
One profoundly deaf patient, who asked not to be named, contacted the Gazette to say she was unsure whether she'd be able to get to the hospital due to the road closure.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Wales and West said: "We have liaised with all necessary parties and have assured them that access to the hospital and health centre will not be compromised whilst we are working in the area.
"We are currently sourcing signage that states access to both premises will remain at all times."
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
The work started yesterday (Monday) and is expected to be completed by October 8.