Road closure will not affect access to Bideford Hospital, say gas company
A GAS company has assured patients that an 11-week road closure along Abbotsham Road in Bideford will not affect access to Bideford Hospital. Work to replace a gas main by Wales and West Utilities will be phased to ensure access to the hospital and adjace
A GAS company has assured patients that an 11-week road closure along Abbotsham Road in Bideford will not affect access to Bideford Hospital.
Work to replace a gas main by Wales and West Utilities will be phased to ensure access to the hospital and adjacent doctor's surgery will be available from both end of the road at all times.
There was confusion last week when signs warning of the works said the road would be open to residents only.
One profoundly deaf patient, who asked not to be named, contacted the Gazette to say she was unsure whether she'd be able to get to the hospital due to the road closure.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Wales and West said: "We have liaised with all necessary parties and have assured them that access to the hospital and health centre will not be compromised whilst we are working in the area.
"We are currently sourcing signage that states access to both premises will remain at all times."
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 5 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 6 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
The work started yesterday (Monday) and is expected to be completed by October 8.