Road closed following ‘serious’ A386 crash
Several casualties reported following head-on collision
SEVERAL people have been injured in a head-on collision on the A386 between Bideford and Torrington this morning (Monday).
A green Citroen Saxo and a black Ford people carrier, each carrying a number of passengers, were involved in the “serious” crash near the quarry at Weare Giffard at around 11.15am.
The rear seat passengers of the Ford – a man and a woman – were flown by air ambulance to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth for treatment. One female occupant of the Saxo suffered a leg injury.
All emergency services are at the scene and the road has been closed in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to avoid the area as it is anticipated that the road will be closed for some time.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19