Road closed following ‘serious’ A386 crash
Several casualties reported following head-on collision
SEVERAL people have been injured in a head-on collision on the A386 between Bideford and Torrington this morning (Monday).
A green Citroen Saxo and a black Ford people carrier, each carrying a number of passengers, were involved in the “serious” crash near the quarry at Weare Giffard at around 11.15am.
The rear seat passengers of the Ford – a man and a woman – were flown by air ambulance to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth for treatment. One female occupant of the Saxo suffered a leg injury.
All emergency services are at the scene and the road has been closed in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to avoid the area as it is anticipated that the road will be closed for some time.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year