Road closed following ‘serious’ A386 crash
Several casualties reported following head-on collision
SEVERAL people have been injured in a head-on collision on the A386 between Bideford and Torrington this morning (Monday).
A green Citroen Saxo and a black Ford people carrier, each carrying a number of passengers, were involved in the “serious” crash near the quarry at Weare Giffard at around 11.15am.
The rear seat passengers of the Ford – a man and a woman – were flown by air ambulance to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth for treatment. One female occupant of the Saxo suffered a leg injury.
All emergency services are at the scene and the road has been closed in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to avoid the area as it is anticipated that the road will be closed for some time.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home