Road closed by landslip
AN access road near Chudleigh Fort in East-the-Water, Bideford, remains closed after a landslide brought 20 tonnes of earth crashing down last night (Wednesday) damaging a car parked beneath.
Devon Highways were called to the scene in Chudleigh Road, above Springfield Terrace, at around 5.30pm.
A large section of an embankment, including part of a garden wall, trees and a section of garden had fallen into the roadway.
A clean up operation lasted until midnight, but the road remains closed and it is currently unknown when it will re-open.
A Ford Focus car parked by the embankment was damaged by the fall.
You may also want to watch:
The public is warned not to access the area until the situation has been stabilised.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel