Road closed by landslip
AN access road near Chudleigh Fort in East-the-Water, Bideford, remains closed after a landslide brought 20 tonnes of earth crashing down last night (Wednesday) damaging a car parked beneath.
Devon Highways were called to the scene in Chudleigh Road, above Springfield Terrace, at around 5.30pm.
A large section of an embankment, including part of a garden wall, trees and a section of garden had fallen into the roadway.
A clean up operation lasted until midnight, but the road remains closed and it is currently unknown when it will re-open.
A Ford Focus car parked by the embankment was damaged by the fall.
You may also want to watch:
The public is warned not to access the area until the situation has been stabilised.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed