Right of the Tories...
With the elections looming there will be many new promises made, only to be broken once individuals are elected.
Like most people, I do not trust any of our politicians or political parties. The NHS is clearly being dismantled along with the welfare state and free education for all.
I believe people need to understand that however UKIP sound – they are far right of the Conservative Party.
They are a party for the rich and well-off. Their manifesto is a dream for the wealthy few. They would abolish the 40p and 50p income tax rates charged on higher earners so everybody paid a flat 31p, including National Insurance.
Surely it cannot be fair in charging a nurse the same tax rate as a banker, barrister or business tycoon? They want to abolish NI contributions for employers – though not for the far more numerous employees.
You may also want to watch:
UKIP advocates the 2005 Tory election-losing idea of school vouchers! Parents paying private fees to educate their little Nigels would happily bank a subsidy from taxpayers – but hardly a priority for public spending when the elderly are crying out for decent care and the living standards of the low and middle earners are falling drastically.
Their leader Nigel Farage, a former right-wing Tory party member, dismisses regulations from Brussels which include paid holidays for British workers and job protection.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
Posturing as an anti-politics party is fraudulent when its MEPs grow fat on the Euro gravy train – and two of UKIP’s former men in Brussels were jailed for fiddling expenses.
I would urge caution before casting your vote simply because we are all fed up with politicians of all colours. UKIP are simply far-right Tories – in sheep’s clothing.