Right of the Tories...
With the elections looming there will be many new promises made, only to be broken once individuals are elected.
Like most people, I do not trust any of our politicians or political parties. The NHS is clearly being dismantled along with the welfare state and free education for all.
I believe people need to understand that however UKIP sound – they are far right of the Conservative Party.
They are a party for the rich and well-off. Their manifesto is a dream for the wealthy few. They would abolish the 40p and 50p income tax rates charged on higher earners so everybody paid a flat 31p, including National Insurance.
Surely it cannot be fair in charging a nurse the same tax rate as a banker, barrister or business tycoon? They want to abolish NI contributions for employers – though not for the far more numerous employees.
You may also want to watch:
UKIP advocates the 2005 Tory election-losing idea of school vouchers! Parents paying private fees to educate their little Nigels would happily bank a subsidy from taxpayers – but hardly a priority for public spending when the elderly are crying out for decent care and the living standards of the low and middle earners are falling drastically.
Their leader Nigel Farage, a former right-wing Tory party member, dismisses regulations from Brussels which include paid holidays for British workers and job protection.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
Posturing as an anti-politics party is fraudulent when its MEPs grow fat on the Euro gravy train – and two of UKIP’s former men in Brussels were jailed for fiddling expenses.
I would urge caution before casting your vote simply because we are all fed up with politicians of all colours. UKIP are simply far-right Tories – in sheep’s clothing.