Richmond Dock back in use
Richmond dry dock is being restored to a working dock to be used to scrap boats.
WORK has begun this week to restore Richmond Dry Dock to its former working glory once more.
A five year contract has been leased on the dock in Appledore to FTD Marine who will use it to scrap old ships.
Owner Simon Maunder was refused planning permission last year to build a 24-flat development around the dock, despite appealing to the Secretary of State.
The main reason the appeal was dismissed was due to the historical importance of the dock.
The contractors working on the dock estimate it will be ready for use in approximately two weeks.
Mr Maunder was unavailable to comment on the development.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 3 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 4 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 5 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 8 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 9 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 10 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market