Richmond Dock back in use
Richmond dry dock is being restored to a working dock to be used to scrap boats.
WORK has begun this week to restore Richmond Dry Dock to its former working glory once more.
A five year contract has been leased on the dock in Appledore to FTD Marine who will use it to scrap old ships.
Owner Simon Maunder was refused planning permission last year to build a 24-flat development around the dock, despite appealing to the Secretary of State.
The main reason the appeal was dismissed was due to the historical importance of the dock.
You may also want to watch:
The contractors working on the dock estimate it will be ready for use in approximately two weeks.
Mr Maunder was unavailable to comment on the development.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge