Richmond Dock back in use
Richmond dry dock is being restored to a working dock to be used to scrap boats.
WORK has begun this week to restore Richmond Dry Dock to its former working glory once more.
A five year contract has been leased on the dock in Appledore to FTD Marine who will use it to scrap old ships.
Owner Simon Maunder was refused planning permission last year to build a 24-flat development around the dock, despite appealing to the Secretary of State.
The main reason the appeal was dismissed was due to the historical importance of the dock.
You may also want to watch:
The contractors working on the dock estimate it will be ready for use in approximately two weeks.
Mr Maunder was unavailable to comment on the development.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 9 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
- 10 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford