Revamp for Barnstaple Co-op store
THE Co-operative is investing �190,000 to upgrade the former Plymouth and South West (PSW) Co-operative Society store in St George s Road, Barnstaple. The new-look store will be unveiled on Thursday . The revamp is part of a �10 million programme to ref
THE Co-operative is investing �190,000 to upgrade the former Plymouth and South West (PSW) Co-operative Society store in St George's Road, Barnstaple.
The new-look store will be unveiled on Thursday . The revamp is part of a �10 million programme to refit and rebrand almost 70 former PSW branches by the end of 2010.
It will feature the consumer-owned Co-operative Group's new business identity, which aims to highlight improved service standards across its 5,000 outlets in the UK, including its travel, pharmacy, funerals and bank branches, as well as its commitment to supporting local communities and ethical trading policies.
The store is being transformed with contemporary d�cor, new shelving and refrigeration plus a more shopper-friendly layout.
You may also want to watch:
There will be an expanded range of fresh fruit and veg, more hot food, and a new section with chilled beers and wines. Popular services, including lottery and PayPoint, will be retained, and the free car par, at the rear of the store, will be given a facelift.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100