Revamp for Barnstaple Co-op store
THE Co-operative is investing �190,000 to upgrade the former Plymouth and South West (PSW) Co-operative Society store in St George s Road, Barnstaple. The new-look store will be unveiled on Thursday . The revamp is part of a �10 million programme to ref
THE Co-operative is investing �190,000 to upgrade the former Plymouth and South West (PSW) Co-operative Society store in St George's Road, Barnstaple.
The new-look store will be unveiled on Thursday . The revamp is part of a �10 million programme to refit and rebrand almost 70 former PSW branches by the end of 2010.
It will feature the consumer-owned Co-operative Group's new business identity, which aims to highlight improved service standards across its 5,000 outlets in the UK, including its travel, pharmacy, funerals and bank branches, as well as its commitment to supporting local communities and ethical trading policies.
The store is being transformed with contemporary d�cor, new shelving and refrigeration plus a more shopper-friendly layout.
You may also want to watch:
There will be an expanded range of fresh fruit and veg, more hot food, and a new section with chilled beers and wines. Popular services, including lottery and PayPoint, will be retained, and the free car par, at the rear of the store, will be given a facelift.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land