Reunion will mark 75th anniversary of RAF air cadets in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
RAF air cadets past and present are being invited to celebrate the group’s 75th anniversary at a special open evening.
The air cadets, which comprises both the Air Training Corps (ATC) and the Combined Cadet Force (CCF), was founded in 1941.
1146 Barnstaple Squadron of the ATC will host the event on Thursday, February 4, 6.30-10pm, with the other squadrons from sector four of the Devon and Somerset wing - 326 Hartland, 20 Bideford, 1079 Tiverton and 722 Chivenor as well as a section of cadets from West Buckland CCF – also attending.
And as well as the current recruits, 1146’s commanding officer Flight Lieutenant Glyn Clark wants to see as many former cadets as possible to make it a special occasion.
He said: “The open evening is going to be used to bring in old cadets and friends of the ATC and CCF to share memories and possibly create a massive reunion of ex-cadets from the local area.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to encourage everyone to get together and talk about the air cadet world.”
If you’d like to go along to the open evening at the Barnstaple squadron’s HQ at the Army Reserve Centre in Oakleigh Road, telephone the squadron on 01271 370863.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 9 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 10 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice