Retiring family doctor will be missed by patients
A doctor in Bideford who has been helping families for 30 years has retired
A FAMILY doctor who has served the Bideford community for 30 years is finally putting his stethoscope aside to enjoy retirement.
Dr Kevin Brown has been a practice partner at Bideford Medical Centre since 1981, and will be missed dearly by patients and staff alike.
Dr Brown said: “It was always a joy working with families, from seeing newborns and then treating them into their twenties and thirties.
But I have held my last surgery, taken my last phone call and signed my last prescription. I am going to miss quite a lot of the patients, and the camaraderie with the other members of staff.”
You may also want to watch:
Dr Brown has seen the surgery grow and change over his thirty years, including adding minor surgery to its list of treatments.
When asked what his proudest moment from his time at the surgery was, Dr Brown said: “We were awarded the Quality Practice awards which are only received by about 100 practices nationwide, in 2001 and 2006. This was a very big achievement for me, and I believe the surgery is applying for it again this year.”
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
Dr Brown will now be able to enjoy his retirement, while Dr Richard Davies will be taking on the role of practice partner.
He added: “I am looking forward to spending some more time gardening and tending to a woodland area that I bought with some of the previous partners here.”
Dr Davies, who has been at the surgery for a year now after covering maternity leave, added: “This is a very exciting time for me. It is a very friendly practice and they are all very nice patients to work with.”