Residents angry over plans for 91 new houses
An East-the-Water resident is hoping to start a petition against access to a proposed new development.
A PLANNING application for 91 new houses in East-the-Water has sparked outrage from angry residents.
Richard Lockwood, of Shamwickshire Close, is concerned the access to the site at Venn, Mines Road, will put young people who play on the street in danger.
Mr Lockwood said: “The access to the site would mean there would be an increase in traffic all through East-the-Water, coming up Ayres Close and Shamwickshire Close to enter the new estate.
“Why can’t they enter the site through Manteo Way? This road was built for the purpose of being a relief road for East-the-Water after all.
You may also want to watch:
“There are so many children that play on the street and they will be in danger if all this traffic increases.
“I’m losing my sight and it’s hard enough as it is for me to get up the steep hills in the winter without having to worry about extra traffic to avoid.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
Mr Lockwood has already gathered nearly 50 letters of complaints from residents in the area and his hoping to start a petition against the means of access.
“I hope I can be the spark in the box of kindling to get things going,” he said.