Rescuers thrill the crowds at Ilfracombe
ILFRACOMBE Rescue Day has been hailed a great success as thousands of people flocked to the Pier to enjoy a ringside seat for displays of skill from the emergency services. The Ilfracombe Round Table charity event featured a series of dazzling rescue demo
ILFRACOMBE Rescue Day has been hailed a great success as thousands of people flocked to the Pier to enjoy a ringside seat for displays of skill from the emergency services.
The Ilfracombe Round Table charity event featured a series of dazzling rescue demonstrations from the RNLI, Chivenor search and rescue, the coastguard, police, fire, ambulance and many more.
Scenarios re-enacted included airlifting casualties from the top of Lantern Hill, a precise air sea rescue, plus the recreation of freeing victims from a car wreck plus of course the ever popular and all explosive chip pan fire!
"It was very busy and we were fortunate to see the helicopter for two displays on the day, which was great," said organiser Dan Isaac for Ilfracombe Round Table.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a fantastic day and the weather was just about right."
As well as the displays, there were a number of stalls from local charities and organisations, with plenty for visitors to see and do.
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Early estimates put the gate receipts at around �7,000 and all proceeds will go to local good causes.
See more Rescue Day pictures on our website at www.northdevongazette.co.uk.