Rescuers thrill the crowds at Ilfracombe
ILFRACOMBE Rescue Day has been hailed a great success as thousands of people flocked to the Pier to enjoy a ringside seat for displays of skill from the emergency services. The Ilfracombe Round Table charity event featured a series of dazzling rescue demo
ILFRACOMBE Rescue Day has been hailed a great success as thousands of people flocked to the Pier to enjoy a ringside seat for displays of skill from the emergency services.
The Ilfracombe Round Table charity event featured a series of dazzling rescue demonstrations from the RNLI, Chivenor search and rescue, the coastguard, police, fire, ambulance and many more.
Scenarios re-enacted included airlifting casualties from the top of Lantern Hill, a precise air sea rescue, plus the recreation of freeing victims from a car wreck plus of course the ever popular and all explosive chip pan fire!
"It was very busy and we were fortunate to see the helicopter for two displays on the day, which was great," said organiser Dan Isaac for Ilfracombe Round Table.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a fantastic day and the weather was just about right."
As well as the displays, there were a number of stalls from local charities and organisations, with plenty for visitors to see and do.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 4 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 5 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 6 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 7 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 8 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 9 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
Early estimates put the gate receipts at around �7,000 and all proceeds will go to local good causes.
See more Rescue Day pictures on our website at www.northdevongazette.co.uk.