Rescue volunteers wanted in Westward Ho!
Coastguard appeals for new team members to fill vacancies
HM Coastguard is calling for more volunteers from the Westward Ho! area.
Derrick Jones, sector manager for Coastguard Rescue Teams at Croyde, Westward Ho!, Instow, Hartland and Lundy Island, said there were a number of vacancies within the Westward Ho! team.
“I am looking for volunteers who are relatively fit and healthy and have good availability day and night,” he said.
The Westward Ho! team carries out search and rescue duties including assisting other authorities with medical evacuations from the shore side; searching for missing people; dealing with ordnance on the foreshore; and cliff rescue.
“Previous experience of search and rescue is not required as full training is provided.” Anybody interested is asked to contact Derrick on 07970 765458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 6 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 7 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 10 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward