Rescue volunteers wanted in Westward Ho!
Coastguard appeals for new team members to fill vacancies
HM Coastguard is calling for more volunteers from the Westward Ho! area.
Derrick Jones, sector manager for Coastguard Rescue Teams at Croyde, Westward Ho!, Instow, Hartland and Lundy Island, said there were a number of vacancies within the Westward Ho! team.
“I am looking for volunteers who are relatively fit and healthy and have good availability day and night,” he said.
The Westward Ho! team carries out search and rescue duties including assisting other authorities with medical evacuations from the shore side; searching for missing people; dealing with ordnance on the foreshore; and cliff rescue.
You may also want to watch:
“Previous experience of search and rescue is not required as full training is provided.” Anybody interested is asked to contact Derrick on 07970 765458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman