Rescue volunteers wanted in Westward Ho!
Coastguard appeals for new team members to fill vacancies
HM Coastguard is calling for more volunteers from the Westward Ho! area.
Derrick Jones, sector manager for Coastguard Rescue Teams at Croyde, Westward Ho!, Instow, Hartland and Lundy Island, said there were a number of vacancies within the Westward Ho! team.
“I am looking for volunteers who are relatively fit and healthy and have good availability day and night,” he said.
The Westward Ho! team carries out search and rescue duties including assisting other authorities with medical evacuations from the shore side; searching for missing people; dealing with ordnance on the foreshore; and cliff rescue.
You may also want to watch:
“Previous experience of search and rescue is not required as full training is provided.” Anybody interested is asked to contact Derrick on 07970 765458 or email email@example.com
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president