Rescue volunteers wanted in Westward Ho!
Coastguard appeals for new team members to fill vacancies
HM Coastguard is calling for more volunteers from the Westward Ho! area.
Derrick Jones, sector manager for Coastguard Rescue Teams at Croyde, Westward Ho!, Instow, Hartland and Lundy Island, said there were a number of vacancies within the Westward Ho! team.
“I am looking for volunteers who are relatively fit and healthy and have good availability day and night,” he said.
The Westward Ho! team carries out search and rescue duties including assisting other authorities with medical evacuations from the shore side; searching for missing people; dealing with ordnance on the foreshore; and cliff rescue.
You may also want to watch:
“Previous experience of search and rescue is not required as full training is provided.” Anybody interested is asked to contact Derrick on 07970 765458 or email email@example.com
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 5 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 6 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land