Rescue Day is back in Ilfracombe
- Credit: Steve Swain
Action, drama and demonstrations with all the emergency services at Ilfracombe Pier on Wednesday, August 14.
RESCUE Day is roaring back into Ilfracombe on Wednesday, August 14 with a new hand at the helm.
Ilfracombe Marketing Group has taken over the annual emergency services display event at the Pier from the Round Table for this year and all proceeds will go to the Ilfracombe lifeboat recovery vehicle appeal.
From 10am-4pm there will be action-packed and educational displays from the police, fire service, ambulance, RNLI, Coastguard, plus Exmoor Search and Rescue.
The Seaking from A Flight 22 Squadron at RMB Chivenor will be flying in to join a combined rescue display with the RNLI. The Chivenor Air Cadets will be on hand too.
You may also want to watch:
Between displays, clamber into a police car or fire engine, sound that siren (several times) and chat to emergency services staff about their work.
Plus Ilfracombe’s carnival queen and attendants will be chosen during the day and judges will include Hopps from The Voice FM.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial
Charity and refreshment stalls, games and activities will be on offer at the pier throughout the day.
A poster competition was won by Issy Gooch from Ilfracombe Academy. She wins a family ticket to Rescue Day, a trip on the lifeboat and a VIP family ticket to Ilfracombe Aquarium. Other winners receive a Rescue Day family ticket and all winning posters are on display at The Rocket Shed on the Pier.
* Receive advance Rescue Day tickets at a great discount when you present a current copy of the North Devon Gazette at Ilfracombe Tourist Information Centre in the Landmark.
Special offer of £4 for adults (£6 on day); under 18s £2.50 (£4); family up to two adult and three U18s £13 (£19); ‘small family’ offer of one adult and two U18s for £8 (not available on the day). Offer ends August 13.