Repairs to troublesome Barnstaple traffic signals
- Credit: Archant
Warning of delays in Barnstaple as work gets under way next month.
DELAYS are possible when work to repair troublesome traffic signals at the junction of Braunton Road and the Western Bypass in Barnstaple get under way next month.
Devon County Council will replace a traffic signal controller at the junction, where the lights have failed on a number of occasions since their installation in 2007.
This is despite repeated site visits and investigations by both the signal manufacturer and the maintenance contractor for the county’s traffic signals.
Work is due to start on Tuesday, May 14 and is scheduled to take two days. As part of the scheme, other minor works will be carried out to street equipment, including some of the signal poles.
You may also want to watch:
Although the work will be carried out off the road, temporary traffic signals will be required at the junction and this may cause some congestion and delays to road users, particularly during peak times.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council