Repairs to troublesome Barnstaple traffic signals
- Credit: Archant
Warning of delays in Barnstaple as work gets under way next month.
DELAYS are possible when work to repair troublesome traffic signals at the junction of Braunton Road and the Western Bypass in Barnstaple get under way next month.
Devon County Council will replace a traffic signal controller at the junction, where the lights have failed on a number of occasions since their installation in 2007.
This is despite repeated site visits and investigations by both the signal manufacturer and the maintenance contractor for the county’s traffic signals.
Work is due to start on Tuesday, May 14 and is scheduled to take two days. As part of the scheme, other minor works will be carried out to street equipment, including some of the signal poles.
Although the work will be carried out off the road, temporary traffic signals will be required at the junction and this may cause some congestion and delays to road users, particularly during peak times.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 5 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 6 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'