Repairs to troublesome Barnstaple traffic signals
- Credit: Archant
Warning of delays in Barnstaple as work gets under way next month.
DELAYS are possible when work to repair troublesome traffic signals at the junction of Braunton Road and the Western Bypass in Barnstaple get under way next month.
Devon County Council will replace a traffic signal controller at the junction, where the lights have failed on a number of occasions since their installation in 2007.
This is despite repeated site visits and investigations by both the signal manufacturer and the maintenance contractor for the county’s traffic signals.
Work is due to start on Tuesday, May 14 and is scheduled to take two days. As part of the scheme, other minor works will be carried out to street equipment, including some of the signal poles.
You may also want to watch:
Although the work will be carried out off the road, temporary traffic signals will be required at the junction and this may cause some congestion and delays to road users, particularly during peak times.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash