Relationship counselling charity seeks new home ‘urgently’
Charity forced to leave its premises seeks a new one to offer relationship counselling in Bideford.
A CHARITY offering relationship counselling is desperately seeking a new home in Bideford.
Relate operated out of TTS House in Bideford for three hours every Wednesday but had to move due to the premises closing.
Veronica Beckett, of Relate, said those who usually use the service were travelling to Barnstaple temporarily.
She said: “We urgently need somewhere in Bideford as the point is we are committed to people not having to travel.
“We only found out two days before the building shut, and now we are hoping someone will be able to provide us with a private room with waiting facilities free of charge.
“Ideally we would like somewhere on a Wednesday morning for three to four hours, but we can be flexible.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
“In other areas we have used a town hall, a room in a doctors’ surgery or solicitors, or a community centre.”
The charity, which is based in Exeter but has ‘outposts’ in Bideford and Barnstaple, helps support local people to have happy relationships.
Anyone who thinks they can help Relate or offer a new premises can contact Margaret on 01392 678499 or visit www.relateexeteranddistrict.co.uk for more information on the work of the charity.