Relationship counselling charity seeks new home ‘urgently’
Charity forced to leave its premises seeks a new one to offer relationship counselling in Bideford.
A CHARITY offering relationship counselling is desperately seeking a new home in Bideford.
Relate operated out of TTS House in Bideford for three hours every Wednesday but had to move due to the premises closing.
Veronica Beckett, of Relate, said those who usually use the service were travelling to Barnstaple temporarily.
She said: “We urgently need somewhere in Bideford as the point is we are committed to people not having to travel.
You may also want to watch:
“We only found out two days before the building shut, and now we are hoping someone will be able to provide us with a private room with waiting facilities free of charge.
“Ideally we would like somewhere on a Wednesday morning for three to four hours, but we can be flexible.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
“In other areas we have used a town hall, a room in a doctors’ surgery or solicitors, or a community centre.”
The charity, which is based in Exeter but has ‘outposts’ in Bideford and Barnstaple, helps support local people to have happy relationships.
Anyone who thinks they can help Relate or offer a new premises can contact Margaret on 01392 678499 or visit www.relateexeteranddistrict.co.uk for more information on the work of the charity.