Regional head of Environment Agency to visit North Devon
- Credit: Martin Haddrill
Alan Burrows will be visiting Mannings Pit and Braunton has he tours the area with MP Peter Heaton-Jones.
The regional head of the Environment Agency will be visiting North Devon on Thursday.
Alan Burrows will be visiting Braunton with North Devon MP Peter Heaton-Jones to discuss the village’s flood defences.
He will your the village and speak to local councillors, before moving on to Mannings Pit in Pilton.
The beauty spot in Barnstaple is currently the subject of a controversial pending planning application for new homes.
Mr Heaton-Jones said: “I wanted a senior Environment Agency official to come here because we have these two pressing issues.
You may also want to watch:
“I am pleased Alan Burrows is coming and I will be using the opportunity to impress upon him the very real concerns of local people.”
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 6 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family