Refuse collections hit by weather
DUE to the severe weather conditions today (Tuesday) waste and recycling collections are cancelled throughout Torridge.
Torridge District Council informs residents that because of the Christmas collection schedule those who would normally receive a collection on a Tuesday will now not receive a collection until Wednesday, January 5. This is because of the Bank Holidays falling on December 27 and January 3.
Holsworthy Area Office will also be closed today.
Council leader Cllr James Morrish said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank the public for their patience and understanding. We will continue to monitor the situation and further updates will be available on our website and through the local media.”
Bank holiday collections: If your normal collection is on Dec 27 – black bags will now be Jan 4, green wheelie bin Dec 29, recycling box and bag Jan 4; normal Dec 28 – black bags Jan 5, green wheelie bin Dec 30, recycling box and bag Jan 5; normal Weds, Thurs and Fri – as normal.
You may also want to watch:
Collections for the week starting Jan 3 will be one day late.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened