Refuse collections hit by weather
DUE to the severe weather conditions today (Tuesday) waste and recycling collections are cancelled throughout Torridge.
Torridge District Council informs residents that because of the Christmas collection schedule those who would normally receive a collection on a Tuesday will now not receive a collection until Wednesday, January 5. This is because of the Bank Holidays falling on December 27 and January 3.
Holsworthy Area Office will also be closed today.
Council leader Cllr James Morrish said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank the public for their patience and understanding. We will continue to monitor the situation and further updates will be available on our website and through the local media.”
Bank holiday collections: If your normal collection is on Dec 27 – black bags will now be Jan 4, green wheelie bin Dec 29, recycling box and bag Jan 4; normal Dec 28 – black bags Jan 5, green wheelie bin Dec 30, recycling box and bag Jan 5; normal Weds, Thurs and Fri – as normal.
Collections for the week starting Jan 3 will be one day late.
- 1 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 4 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 10 Popular character Joan dies at 92