Refuse collections hit by weather
DUE to the severe weather conditions today (Tuesday) waste and recycling collections are cancelled throughout Torridge.
Torridge District Council informs residents that because of the Christmas collection schedule those who would normally receive a collection on a Tuesday will now not receive a collection until Wednesday, January 5. This is because of the Bank Holidays falling on December 27 and January 3.
Holsworthy Area Office will also be closed today.
Council leader Cllr James Morrish said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank the public for their patience and understanding. We will continue to monitor the situation and further updates will be available on our website and through the local media.”
Bank holiday collections: If your normal collection is on Dec 27 – black bags will now be Jan 4, green wheelie bin Dec 29, recycling box and bag Jan 4; normal Dec 28 – black bags Jan 5, green wheelie bin Dec 30, recycling box and bag Jan 5; normal Weds, Thurs and Fri – as normal.
You may also want to watch:
Collections for the week starting Jan 3 will be one day late.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon