Reduction in CCTV operating hours in Bideford
- Credit: Archant
Cameras will still run in Bideford but as of April there will be no operator for three days of the week.
Torridge District Council will be cutting down the amount of CCTV operating coverage from April 1.
Cameras will still operation but at certain times operator presence may be reduced.
Torridge sector inspector Phil Gray told Bideford Town Council last night (Thursday) this was based on demand.
He said: “The cameras will be running and panning but won’t be able to zoom in.
You may also want to watch:
“I would love there to be seven-days-a-week but demand doesn’t warrant it on those days.”
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 9 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody