Red hot charity night at Ilfracombe pub
THE Sandpiper Pub in Ilfracombe played host to a music extravaganza when The Chillis, a North Devon Red Hot Chillis tribute band, raised funds for Cancer Research UK. Other bands playing included The Padawans, County Rose, Edd Smith and Jackson Coltma
THE Sandpiper Pub in Ilfracombe played host to a music extravaganza when The Chillis, a North Devon Red Hot Chillis tribute band, raised funds for Cancer Research UK.
Other bands playing included The Padawans, County Rose, Edd Smith and Jackson Coltman
All members of The Chillis are keen supporters of Cancer Research UK and have personally been affected by cancer.
The evening was a great success and raised �382, which the landlord made up to �400.
You may also want to watch:
Sylvia Arlett Area Manager for Devon said: "We are delighted that the Chillis have raised funds to help with our research programme. Everyone had a great time on the night, which is what fundraising is all about and I cannot thank the boys enough for their support."
Cancer Research UK's pioneering work covers all aspects of the disease, from its molecular causes through to the psychological effects of treatment, and funding includes local clinical trials taking place in North Devon District Hospital.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'