Red hot charity night at Ilfracombe pub
THE Sandpiper Pub in Ilfracombe played host to a music extravaganza when The Chillis, a North Devon Red Hot Chillis tribute band, raised funds for Cancer Research UK. Other bands playing included The Padawans, County Rose, Edd Smith and Jackson Coltma
THE Sandpiper Pub in Ilfracombe played host to a music extravaganza when The Chillis, a North Devon Red Hot Chillis tribute band, raised funds for Cancer Research UK.
Other bands playing included The Padawans, County Rose, Edd Smith and Jackson Coltman
All members of The Chillis are keen supporters of Cancer Research UK and have personally been affected by cancer.
The evening was a great success and raised �382, which the landlord made up to �400.
You may also want to watch:
Sylvia Arlett Area Manager for Devon said: "We are delighted that the Chillis have raised funds to help with our research programme. Everyone had a great time on the night, which is what fundraising is all about and I cannot thank the boys enough for their support."
Cancer Research UK's pioneering work covers all aspects of the disease, from its molecular causes through to the psychological effects of treatment, and funding includes local clinical trials taking place in North Devon District Hospital.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?