Red hat surprise for Aled
THERE was a surprise meeting for a group of red hatted Ilfracombe ladies when they bumped into singer and television presenter Aled Jones in Bath – and it was quite a surprise for Aled, too!
The Coomberries are Ilfracombe’s members of the Red Hat Society – a worldwide women’s social group distinctive with their red hats and purple outfits.
The Ilfracombe group, formed last summer, were on a trip to the Bath Costume Museum when they saw Aled filming there.
Coomberries Queen Heather Gates plucked up courage to ask him if he would be photographed with the group of strangely dressed ladies..
“He did comment that is was probably the most bizarre thing he had done,” said Heather. “But he kindly agreed and was quite interested when we explained who we were. He was just lovely.”
You may also want to watch:
The Red Hatters did get quite a lot of comments when they went on their trips, especially when they were in groups, she said.
For more about the Coomberries, contact Heather on (01271) 867029.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'