Red hat surprise for Aled
THERE was a surprise meeting for a group of red hatted Ilfracombe ladies when they bumped into singer and television presenter Aled Jones in Bath – and it was quite a surprise for Aled, too!
The Coomberries are Ilfracombe’s members of the Red Hat Society – a worldwide women’s social group distinctive with their red hats and purple outfits.
The Ilfracombe group, formed last summer, were on a trip to the Bath Costume Museum when they saw Aled filming there.
Coomberries Queen Heather Gates plucked up courage to ask him if he would be photographed with the group of strangely dressed ladies..
“He did comment that is was probably the most bizarre thing he had done,” said Heather. “But he kindly agreed and was quite interested when we explained who we were. He was just lovely.”
You may also want to watch:
The Red Hatters did get quite a lot of comments when they went on their trips, especially when they were in groups, she said.
For more about the Coomberries, contact Heather on (01271) 867029.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened