Red Arrows in Barnstaple fly past
THE Red Arrows display team will be doing a fly past over Barnstaple next Wednesday (August 11) to mark the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain and promote the annual Wings Appeal. The team will fly in formation over the bridges of Barnstaple at a
THE Red Arrows display team will be doing a fly past over Barnstaple next Wednesday (August 11) to mark the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain and promote the annual Wings Appeal.
The team will fly in formation over the bridges of Barnstaple at a time between 12 noon and 12.15pm..
The aircraft will approach Barnstaple from the Exeter direction at between 500 and 1,000 feet depending on the weather. They will fly along the estuary and past Chivenor.
The fly past has been arranged by the North Devon branch of the Royal Air Force Association, which hopes that crowds of people will line the two bridges, the waterfront and estuary locations to watch the spectacle.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the association will be undertaking street collections in Barnstaple, Ilfracombe and Lynton on that day.
Further collections will take place in Lynmouth and South Molton on September 16 and in Braunton and Bideford on September 18.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 7 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
The Veterans' section of Ilfracombe Golf Club is holding a Wings day and Air Training Corps cadets will be doing a sponsored walk.
Other events to raise money for the cause include a Brew for the Few tea morning at Braunton Village Hall on Saturday, August 21 and a garden party in September.
All association members and ex-RAF personnel are being invited to a social evening next Wednesday at the Ex-Servicemen's Club in St George's Road, Barnstaple, from 7.45pm.
Association members wishing to take part in the events should contact the chairman, Roy Lucas, on (01271) 816081 or vice-chairman Tony Ley on (01271) 814395.