Red Arrows in Barnstaple fly past
THE Red Arrows display team will be doing a fly past over Barnstaple next Wednesday (August 11) to mark the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain and promote the annual Wings Appeal. The team will fly in formation over the bridges of Barnstaple at a
THE Red Arrows display team will be doing a fly past over Barnstaple next Wednesday (August 11) to mark the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain and promote the annual Wings Appeal.
The team will fly in formation over the bridges of Barnstaple at a time between 12 noon and 12.15pm..
The aircraft will approach Barnstaple from the Exeter direction at between 500 and 1,000 feet depending on the weather. They will fly along the estuary and past Chivenor.
The fly past has been arranged by the North Devon branch of the Royal Air Force Association, which hopes that crowds of people will line the two bridges, the waterfront and estuary locations to watch the spectacle.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the association will be undertaking street collections in Barnstaple, Ilfracombe and Lynton on that day.
Further collections will take place in Lynmouth and South Molton on September 16 and in Braunton and Bideford on September 18.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 3 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 7 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 8 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 9 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
The Veterans' section of Ilfracombe Golf Club is holding a Wings day and Air Training Corps cadets will be doing a sponsored walk.
Other events to raise money for the cause include a Brew for the Few tea morning at Braunton Village Hall on Saturday, August 21 and a garden party in September.
All association members and ex-RAF personnel are being invited to a social evening next Wednesday at the Ex-Servicemen's Club in St George's Road, Barnstaple, from 7.45pm.
Association members wishing to take part in the events should contact the chairman, Roy Lucas, on (01271) 816081 or vice-chairman Tony Ley on (01271) 814395.