Red Arrows in Barnstaple fly past
THE Red Arrows display team will be doing a fly past over Barnstaple next Wednesday (August 11) to mark the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain and promote the annual Wings Appeal. The team will fly in formation over the bridges of Barnstaple at a
THE Red Arrows display team will be doing a fly past over Barnstaple next Wednesday (August 11) to mark the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain and promote the annual Wings Appeal.
The team will fly in formation over the bridges of Barnstaple at a time between 12 noon and 12.15pm..
The aircraft will approach Barnstaple from the Exeter direction at between 500 and 1,000 feet depending on the weather. They will fly along the estuary and past Chivenor.
The fly past has been arranged by the North Devon branch of the Royal Air Force Association, which hopes that crowds of people will line the two bridges, the waterfront and estuary locations to watch the spectacle.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the association will be undertaking street collections in Barnstaple, Ilfracombe and Lynton on that day.
Further collections will take place in Lynmouth and South Molton on September 16 and in Braunton and Bideford on September 18.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
The Veterans' section of Ilfracombe Golf Club is holding a Wings day and Air Training Corps cadets will be doing a sponsored walk.
Other events to raise money for the cause include a Brew for the Few tea morning at Braunton Village Hall on Saturday, August 21 and a garden party in September.
All association members and ex-RAF personnel are being invited to a social evening next Wednesday at the Ex-Servicemen's Club in St George's Road, Barnstaple, from 7.45pm.
Association members wishing to take part in the events should contact the chairman, Roy Lucas, on (01271) 816081 or vice-chairman Tony Ley on (01271) 814395.