‘Record demand’ for North Devon holiday lets
- Credit: Archant
Firm reports surge in bookings for January.
A HOLIDAY lets company is reporting a record demand for properties in North Devon.
Blue Chip Holidays, which looks after 50 local self-catering holiday homes, say bookings were up 20 per cent in January, compared with the same period last year.
Bideford, Ilfracombe, Saunton and Braunton were the most popular destinations, with booking numbers up by more than 30 per cent on the previous January.
Double digit increases were also recorded for properties in Westward Ho!
You may also want to watch:
Mark Williams, the company’s portfolio development manager for North Devon, said early indications made for a bumper self-catering season in North Devon in 2014.
“Customers have fallen in love with holidaying in the North Devon,” he said.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
“Following the best summer in living memory we are seeing a positive uplift in our bookings. If demand for our most popular locations continues at this rate we could easily run out of availability in key weeks.”
Mr Williams said the company hoped to add up to 25 high end holiday homes to its North Devon portfolio.