‘Record demand’ for North Devon holiday lets
- Credit: Archant
Firm reports surge in bookings for January.
A HOLIDAY lets company is reporting a record demand for properties in North Devon.
Blue Chip Holidays, which looks after 50 local self-catering holiday homes, say bookings were up 20 per cent in January, compared with the same period last year.
Bideford, Ilfracombe, Saunton and Braunton were the most popular destinations, with booking numbers up by more than 30 per cent on the previous January.
Double digit increases were also recorded for properties in Westward Ho!
You may also want to watch:
Mark Williams, the company’s portfolio development manager for North Devon, said early indications made for a bumper self-catering season in North Devon in 2014.
“Customers have fallen in love with holidaying in the North Devon,” he said.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 7 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
“Following the best summer in living memory we are seeing a positive uplift in our bookings. If demand for our most popular locations continues at this rate we could easily run out of availability in key weeks.”
Mr Williams said the company hoped to add up to 25 high end holiday homes to its North Devon portfolio.