Record breaking A level results at Ilfracombe
ILFRACOMBE Arts College has recorded its best ever A Level pass rate of 98 per cent, with a third of all passes were at A*, A or B grades.
Deputy head Tony Tucker said there some exceptional performances by individuals, too many to mention.
But of particular note were Josh Cassidy who achieved two A* grades and an A in maths, physics and further maths, while Kevin Powis gained an A* and two As in the same subjects.
Rickie Adcock got A*, A and B in history, art and design; Jack Turner two As and a B in maths, physics and further maths and Emma Vanstone two As and a C in photography, media and English.
Of the many students from Ilfracombe who applied to university just one failed to secure a place.
You may also want to watch:
“The results come as no surprise,” said Mr Tucker, “reflecting the tremendous efforts of the students and staff, reinforcing the ever growing reputation of our sixth form at a time when more students than ever before from neighbouring 11-16 schools have chosen to do their A levels with us in September.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses