Record breaking A level results at Ilfracombe
ILFRACOMBE Arts College has recorded its best ever A Level pass rate of 98 per cent, with a third of all passes were at A*, A or B grades.
Deputy head Tony Tucker said there some exceptional performances by individuals, too many to mention.
But of particular note were Josh Cassidy who achieved two A* grades and an A in maths, physics and further maths, while Kevin Powis gained an A* and two As in the same subjects.
Rickie Adcock got A*, A and B in history, art and design; Jack Turner two As and a B in maths, physics and further maths and Emma Vanstone two As and a C in photography, media and English.
Of the many students from Ilfracombe who applied to university just one failed to secure a place.
You may also want to watch:
“The results come as no surprise,” said Mr Tucker, “reflecting the tremendous efforts of the students and staff, reinforcing the ever growing reputation of our sixth form at a time when more students than ever before from neighbouring 11-16 schools have chosen to do their A levels with us in September.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI