Recognition for Father Nigel
RETIRED but definitely not forgotten — former Rector of Ilfracombe the Reverend Prebendary Nigel Jackson-Stevens was named on Monday night as the town s Citizen of the Year for 2009.
RETIRED but definitely not forgotten - former Rector of Ilfracombe the Reverend Prebendary Nigel Jackson-Stevens was named on Monday night as the town's Citizen of the Year for 2009.
From Holy Trinity Parish Church, he worked unceasingly on behalf of the town for 25 years, as recognised by Ilfracombe Town Council through its popular Pride in Ilfracombe Awards.
Naming Father Nigel - as most know him - as the one chosen by councillors for 2009, outgoing Mayor,Cllr Geoff Fowler said at the town AGM: "We have all missed him very much since his retirement and he did such a wonderful job."
A long and loud standing ovation followed the presentation!
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jackson-Stevens added: "When you presented me with the original award I was overwhelmed. Thank you all so much. I miss Ilfracombe tremendously.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 8 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 9 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'