Recognition for Father Nigel
RETIRED but definitely not forgotten — former Rector of Ilfracombe the Reverend Prebendary Nigel Jackson-Stevens was named on Monday night as the town s Citizen of the Year for 2009.
RETIRED but definitely not forgotten - former Rector of Ilfracombe the Reverend Prebendary Nigel Jackson-Stevens was named on Monday night as the town's Citizen of the Year for 2009.
From Holy Trinity Parish Church, he worked unceasingly on behalf of the town for 25 years, as recognised by Ilfracombe Town Council through its popular Pride in Ilfracombe Awards.
Naming Father Nigel - as most know him - as the one chosen by councillors for 2009, outgoing Mayor,Cllr Geoff Fowler said at the town AGM: "We have all missed him very much since his retirement and he did such a wonderful job."
A long and loud standing ovation followed the presentation!
Mr Jackson-Stevens added: "When you presented me with the original award I was overwhelmed. Thank you all so much. I miss Ilfracombe tremendously.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 7 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 8 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'