Recognition for Father Nigel
RETIRED but definitely not forgotten — former Rector of Ilfracombe the Reverend Prebendary Nigel Jackson-Stevens was named on Monday night as the town s Citizen of the Year for 2009.
RETIRED but definitely not forgotten - former Rector of Ilfracombe the Reverend Prebendary Nigel Jackson-Stevens was named on Monday night as the town's Citizen of the Year for 2009.
From Holy Trinity Parish Church, he worked unceasingly on behalf of the town for 25 years, as recognised by Ilfracombe Town Council through its popular Pride in Ilfracombe Awards.
Naming Father Nigel - as most know him - as the one chosen by councillors for 2009, outgoing Mayor,Cllr Geoff Fowler said at the town AGM: "We have all missed him very much since his retirement and he did such a wonderful job."
A long and loud standing ovation followed the presentation!
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jackson-Stevens added: "When you presented me with the original award I was overwhelmed. Thank you all so much. I miss Ilfracombe tremendously.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West