Recognition for Father Nigel
RETIRED but definitely not forgotten — former Rector of Ilfracombe the Reverend Prebendary Nigel Jackson-Stevens was named on Monday night as the town s Citizen of the Year for 2009.
RETIRED but definitely not forgotten - former Rector of Ilfracombe the Reverend Prebendary Nigel Jackson-Stevens was named on Monday night as the town's Citizen of the Year for 2009.
From Holy Trinity Parish Church, he worked unceasingly on behalf of the town for 25 years, as recognised by Ilfracombe Town Council through its popular Pride in Ilfracombe Awards.
Naming Father Nigel - as most know him - as the one chosen by councillors for 2009, outgoing Mayor,Cllr Geoff Fowler said at the town AGM: "We have all missed him very much since his retirement and he did such a wonderful job."
A long and loud standing ovation followed the presentation!
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jackson-Stevens added: "When you presented me with the original award I was overwhelmed. Thank you all so much. I miss Ilfracombe tremendously.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 8 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling