Rave fears and dog poo at Instow
- Credit: Archant
Beach car park closure was down to tip off over illegal rave, say Christie Estates.
THE busy Sandhills car park at Instow has been closed following fears it would be used for an illegal rave.
There have been numerous complaints from beach users and businesses following the closure during the recent heat wave.
Raymond Coldwell at Christie Estates, which owns the car park, said there had been issues at the site before and they had to do the responsible thing: “Obviously there’s a financial cost to everyone, but the alternative could have had a more detrimental impact.”
It reopened on Monday and is available between 9am-6pm.
Regular beach visitor Margaret Thompson called the Gazette to query the closure and was also concerned at the amount of dogs mess on the beach: “During a short walk on the slipway I picked up 11 bags of dog poo – some were even hanging on the ‘no dogs mess’ sign,” she said.
“It is beyond comprehension some people can do such things. If people aren’t responsible dog owners they should not have a dog.”
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 5 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 6 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 7 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 8 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 9 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 10 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
Mr Coldwell said Christie Estates would look into the situation.