Rave fears and dog poo at Instow
- Credit: Archant
Beach car park closure was down to tip off over illegal rave, say Christie Estates.
THE busy Sandhills car park at Instow has been closed following fears it would be used for an illegal rave.
There have been numerous complaints from beach users and businesses following the closure during the recent heat wave.
Raymond Coldwell at Christie Estates, which owns the car park, said there had been issues at the site before and they had to do the responsible thing: “Obviously there’s a financial cost to everyone, but the alternative could have had a more detrimental impact.”
It reopened on Monday and is available between 9am-6pm.
You may also want to watch:
Regular beach visitor Margaret Thompson called the Gazette to query the closure and was also concerned at the amount of dogs mess on the beach: “During a short walk on the slipway I picked up 11 bags of dog poo – some were even hanging on the ‘no dogs mess’ sign,” she said.
“It is beyond comprehension some people can do such things. If people aren’t responsible dog owners they should not have a dog.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
Mr Coldwell said Christie Estates would look into the situation.