Rave fears and dog poo at Instow
- Credit: Archant
Beach car park closure was down to tip off over illegal rave, say Christie Estates.
THE busy Sandhills car park at Instow has been closed following fears it would be used for an illegal rave.
There have been numerous complaints from beach users and businesses following the closure during the recent heat wave.
Raymond Coldwell at Christie Estates, which owns the car park, said there had been issues at the site before and they had to do the responsible thing: “Obviously there’s a financial cost to everyone, but the alternative could have had a more detrimental impact.”
It reopened on Monday and is available between 9am-6pm.
You may also want to watch:
Regular beach visitor Margaret Thompson called the Gazette to query the closure and was also concerned at the amount of dogs mess on the beach: “During a short walk on the slipway I picked up 11 bags of dog poo – some were even hanging on the ‘no dogs mess’ sign,” she said.
“It is beyond comprehension some people can do such things. If people aren’t responsible dog owners they should not have a dog.”
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
Mr Coldwell said Christie Estates would look into the situation.