Ramblers raise thousands for appeal
- Credit: Archant
An Exmoor Ramble has raised £4,500 for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
A RAMBLE through Exmoor organised by a local fundraiser has raised £4,500 for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
Ivan Huxtable, from Umberleigh organised the Exmoor Ramble in September which took in scenic views and plenty of wildlife.
Ramblers were lucky enough to see stags, deer and Exmoor ponies, and many of the local walkers have supported Ivan on previous sponsored events.
He said: “The Chemotherapy Appeal is a very worthy cause and I am delighted the event raised so much money towards the new unit.”
You may also want to watch:
Ivan is now planning another fundraising ten mile Exmoor Ramble for the Chemo Appeal in the autumn from Highnam Farm, near Hawkridge.
Fundraiser Julie Whitton added: “Ivan is an inspirational fundraiser, who is full of enthusiasm and determination to help us get the new Chemotherapy Unit built for the people of North Devon.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
The appeal now stands at £1.88million and contractors Morgan Sindall have begun building work this week.
But the charity still needs to reach its £2.2million total and anyone wishing to fundraise can contact the team on 01271 311771, email email@example.com or find out more on the website www.northdevon health.nhs.uk/fundraising.