Ramblers raise thousands for appeal
- Credit: Archant
An Exmoor Ramble has raised £4,500 for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
A RAMBLE through Exmoor organised by a local fundraiser has raised £4,500 for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
Ivan Huxtable, from Umberleigh organised the Exmoor Ramble in September which took in scenic views and plenty of wildlife.
Ramblers were lucky enough to see stags, deer and Exmoor ponies, and many of the local walkers have supported Ivan on previous sponsored events.
He said: “The Chemotherapy Appeal is a very worthy cause and I am delighted the event raised so much money towards the new unit.”
You may also want to watch:
Ivan is now planning another fundraising ten mile Exmoor Ramble for the Chemo Appeal in the autumn from Highnam Farm, near Hawkridge.
Fundraiser Julie Whitton added: “Ivan is an inspirational fundraiser, who is full of enthusiasm and determination to help us get the new Chemotherapy Unit built for the people of North Devon.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 10 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
The appeal now stands at £1.88million and contractors Morgan Sindall have begun building work this week.
But the charity still needs to reach its £2.2million total and anyone wishing to fundraise can contact the team on 01271 311771, email firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more on the website www.northdevon health.nhs.uk/fundraising.