Ramblers invite to get walking
Barnstaple walk to inspire people to get trekking.
NORTH Devon Ramblers are urging people to lace up their boots and get yomping at a special walking event being held in Barnstaple on Sunday.
The two-and-a-half-mile walk starts at the Heritage Centre on the Strand at 11am and is open to all ages and abilities.
The two-hour route will take participants through the historical part of Pilton and explore some of countryside beyond, returning to the start point by about 1pm.
The free event is being held as part of the Ramblers’ annual Get Walking Day, held to inspire people to discover the joys and benefits of a good walk.
You may also want to watch:
Joan Long, North Devon Ramblers’ chairman, said: “We pride ourselves on the friendly welcome we offer. We shall take the walk at a pace that suits everyone and are looking forward to a very enjoyable stroll.”
If you can’t join the Get Walking Day walk, but would like some help getting started, contact Joan on 01271 376274 or visit www.northdevonramblers.co.uk
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year