Ramblers invite to get walking
Barnstaple walk to inspire people to get trekking.
NORTH Devon Ramblers are urging people to lace up their boots and get yomping at a special walking event being held in Barnstaple on Sunday.
The two-and-a-half-mile walk starts at the Heritage Centre on the Strand at 11am and is open to all ages and abilities.
The two-hour route will take participants through the historical part of Pilton and explore some of countryside beyond, returning to the start point by about 1pm.
The free event is being held as part of the Ramblers’ annual Get Walking Day, held to inspire people to discover the joys and benefits of a good walk.
You may also want to watch:
Joan Long, North Devon Ramblers’ chairman, said: “We pride ourselves on the friendly welcome we offer. We shall take the walk at a pace that suits everyone and are looking forward to a very enjoyable stroll.”
If you can’t join the Get Walking Day walk, but would like some help getting started, contact Joan on 01271 376274 or visit www.northdevonramblers.co.uk
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton