Ramblers invite to get walking
Barnstaple walk to inspire people to get trekking.
NORTH Devon Ramblers are urging people to lace up their boots and get yomping at a special walking event being held in Barnstaple on Sunday.
The two-and-a-half-mile walk starts at the Heritage Centre on the Strand at 11am and is open to all ages and abilities.
The two-hour route will take participants through the historical part of Pilton and explore some of countryside beyond, returning to the start point by about 1pm.
The free event is being held as part of the Ramblers’ annual Get Walking Day, held to inspire people to discover the joys and benefits of a good walk.
You may also want to watch:
Joan Long, North Devon Ramblers’ chairman, said: “We pride ourselves on the friendly welcome we offer. We shall take the walk at a pace that suits everyone and are looking forward to a very enjoyable stroll.”
If you can’t join the Get Walking Day walk, but would like some help getting started, contact Joan on 01271 376274 or visit www.northdevonramblers.co.uk
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge