Raise a cup at Macmillan coffee mornings in North Devon
THE smell of roasting beans and the merry bubbling of kettles and percolators will drift across North Devon next Friday (September 24) as communities get together for the World s Biggest Coffee Morning. The annual fund raising event for Macmillan Cancer S
THE smell of roasting beans and the merry bubbling of kettles and percolators will drift across North Devon next Friday (September 24) as communities get together for the World's Biggest Coffee Morning.
The annual fund raising event for Macmillan Cancer Support now has halls, homes and caf�s up and down the country buzzing ads friends and strangers alike meet up to chat, drink hot beverages and make a donation to the charity.
Events taking place on Friday include: Combe Martin Senior Citizens are hosting their event at the village Community Centre from 10am-12.30pm, together with bric-a-brac, cake and book stalls plus a raffle.
The Corner Caf� Bistro in Braunton will be hoisting the cups for Macmillan from 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
In Barnstaple the M&S Caf� in the store will also be taking part in the charity event. The official event partner donating 50p for every cup of coffee sold.
The Bishops Tawton Community Ladies are hosting their coffee morning in the village hall from 10am.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
North Devon Yacht Club at Instow has coffee and cake for �2, plus a raffle, cakes, books and jams for sale from 10am-12.30pm.
South Molton Bowling Club will be opening its doors in the town from 10am-12 noon.
In Torrington, organisers at the town Methodist Church are inviting visitors from 9.30am-12 noon to bake a cake, bring bric-a-brac or just enjoy a cuppa.
Find out more about the World's Biggest Coffee Morning or register your own event at coffee.macmillan.org.uk.