Raise a cup at Macmillan coffee mornings in North Devon
THE smell of roasting beans and the merry bubbling of kettles and percolators will drift across North Devon next Friday (September 24) as communities get together for the World s Biggest Coffee Morning. The annual fund raising event for Macmillan Cancer S
THE smell of roasting beans and the merry bubbling of kettles and percolators will drift across North Devon next Friday (September 24) as communities get together for the World's Biggest Coffee Morning.
The annual fund raising event for Macmillan Cancer Support now has halls, homes and caf�s up and down the country buzzing ads friends and strangers alike meet up to chat, drink hot beverages and make a donation to the charity.
Events taking place on Friday include: Combe Martin Senior Citizens are hosting their event at the village Community Centre from 10am-12.30pm, together with bric-a-brac, cake and book stalls plus a raffle.
The Corner Caf� Bistro in Braunton will be hoisting the cups for Macmillan from 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
In Barnstaple the M&S Caf� in the store will also be taking part in the charity event. The official event partner donating 50p for every cup of coffee sold.
The Bishops Tawton Community Ladies are hosting their coffee morning in the village hall from 10am.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 3 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 4 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 7 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
North Devon Yacht Club at Instow has coffee and cake for �2, plus a raffle, cakes, books and jams for sale from 10am-12.30pm.
South Molton Bowling Club will be opening its doors in the town from 10am-12 noon.
In Torrington, organisers at the town Methodist Church are inviting visitors from 9.30am-12 noon to bake a cake, bring bric-a-brac or just enjoy a cuppa.
Find out more about the World's Biggest Coffee Morning or register your own event at coffee.macmillan.org.uk.