Raise a cup at Macmillan coffee mornings in North Devon
THE smell of roasting beans and the merry bubbling of kettles and percolators will drift across North Devon next Friday (September 24) as communities get together for the World s Biggest Coffee Morning. The annual fund raising event for Macmillan Cancer S
THE smell of roasting beans and the merry bubbling of kettles and percolators will drift across North Devon next Friday (September 24) as communities get together for the World's Biggest Coffee Morning.
The annual fund raising event for Macmillan Cancer Support now has halls, homes and caf�s up and down the country buzzing ads friends and strangers alike meet up to chat, drink hot beverages and make a donation to the charity.
Events taking place on Friday include: Combe Martin Senior Citizens are hosting their event at the village Community Centre from 10am-12.30pm, together with bric-a-brac, cake and book stalls plus a raffle.
The Corner Caf� Bistro in Braunton will be hoisting the cups for Macmillan from 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
In Barnstaple the M&S Caf� in the store will also be taking part in the charity event. The official event partner donating 50p for every cup of coffee sold.
The Bishops Tawton Community Ladies are hosting their coffee morning in the village hall from 10am.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
North Devon Yacht Club at Instow has coffee and cake for �2, plus a raffle, cakes, books and jams for sale from 10am-12.30pm.
South Molton Bowling Club will be opening its doors in the town from 10am-12 noon.
In Torrington, organisers at the town Methodist Church are inviting visitors from 9.30am-12 noon to bake a cake, bring bric-a-brac or just enjoy a cuppa.
Find out more about the World's Biggest Coffee Morning or register your own event at coffee.macmillan.org.uk.