Railway group holds autumn gala
- Credit: Archant
The Tarka Valley Railway Group will be displaying its plans for a new railway line in Torrington next month.
THE Tarka Valley Railway Group will be hosting its annual autumn gala next month.
In March, the Gazette reported how the group received planning permission to lay 267m of railway track adjacent to the Tarka Trail in Torrington.
On Saturday, September 7 and Sunday, September 8, the group will be displaying its plans for the railway and members will be on hand to answer questions.
The event will be held from 11am – 4.30pm both days at the Puffing Billy in Torrington.
You may also want to watch:
The train coach will be open for book and magazine sales and membership enquiries, and a marquee will house a collection of displays and goods for sale.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's