Railway group holds autumn gala
- Credit: Archant
The Tarka Valley Railway Group will be displaying its plans for a new railway line in Torrington next month.
THE Tarka Valley Railway Group will be hosting its annual autumn gala next month.
In March, the Gazette reported how the group received planning permission to lay 267m of railway track adjacent to the Tarka Trail in Torrington.
On Saturday, September 7 and Sunday, September 8, the group will be displaying its plans for the railway and members will be on hand to answer questions.
The event will be held from 11am – 4.30pm both days at the Puffing Billy in Torrington.
You may also want to watch:
The train coach will be open for book and magazine sales and membership enquiries, and a marquee will house a collection of displays and goods for sale.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash