Raid on South Molton scrap metal yard
Thieves make off with ‘significant’ haul of brass and copper during evening heist
POLICE in South Molton have issued a belated appeal for information following a scrap metal theft in the town.
Officers say a “significant” amount of metal was stolen from a secure compound at a scrapyard situated on an industrial estate on the outskirts of the town.
It is thought that as many as 11 offenders were involved in the raid at Penfold’s in Quicks Close, Hacche Lane during the evening of Thursday, September 29.
Thieves used a white long wheelbase van to make off with around �25,000 of brass and copper.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to telephone police on 101 quoting reference CS/11/458. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 10 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat