Raid on South Molton scrap metal yard
Thieves make off with ‘significant’ haul of brass and copper during evening heist
POLICE in South Molton have issued a belated appeal for information following a scrap metal theft in the town.
Officers say a “significant” amount of metal was stolen from a secure compound at a scrapyard situated on an industrial estate on the outskirts of the town.
It is thought that as many as 11 offenders were involved in the raid at Penfold’s in Quicks Close, Hacche Lane during the evening of Thursday, September 29.
Thieves used a white long wheelbase van to make off with around �25,000 of brass and copper.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to telephone police on 101 quoting reference CS/11/458. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton