Raid on South Molton scrap metal yard
Thieves make off with ‘significant’ haul of brass and copper during evening heist
POLICE in South Molton have issued a belated appeal for information following a scrap metal theft in the town.
Officers say a “significant” amount of metal was stolen from a secure compound at a scrapyard situated on an industrial estate on the outskirts of the town.
It is thought that as many as 11 offenders were involved in the raid at Penfold’s in Quicks Close, Hacche Lane during the evening of Thursday, September 29.
Thieves used a white long wheelbase van to make off with around �25,000 of brass and copper.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to telephone police on 101 quoting reference CS/11/458. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 10 The Beggar's Opera - This week at the Queen's Theatre