RAF award for cadet leader
HARTLAND Air Training Corps leader Barry Endean was among adult volunteers from the Devon and Somerset Wing of the Air Training Corps who have been awarded commendations for their outstanding service and dedication to the youth of both counties. The award
HARTLAND Air Training Corps leader Barry Endean was among adult volunteers from the Devon and Somerset Wing of the Air Training Corps who have been awarded commendations for their outstanding service and dedication to the youth of both counties.
The awards were made by the South West Regional Commandant, Group Captain Mike Remlinger at a presentation evening held at the Historic Flight of the Royal Naval Air Station, Yeovilton.
Flight Lieutenant Endean of No 326 (Hartland) Squadron received a Commandant in Chief's Commendation for service and dedication to the squadron.
He joined the Hartland squadron in 1965 and forged strong links with the community in his local area. During his time at Hartland more than 550 of the squadron's cadets have gained their Duke of Edinburgh's Award, a remarkable 150 of them at the gold level.
You may also want to watch:
Wing Commander Brian Wills-Pope, Officer Commanding Devon and Somerset's Air Cadets, said: "The strength of our organisation lies in the quality of the staff who deliver high quality training to the cadets. All the volunteers give up so much time to train and develop the cadets and it is fantastic to see that their efforts are recognised at the highest levels within the Royal Air Force".
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 4 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 5 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021