Rackenford man, 85, jailed for historic sexual abuse
- Credit: Archant
The 85-year-old was jailed for 21 years and six months for a string of historic child sex offences.
A Rackenford man has been jailed for a string of historic sexual abuses against children in the 1990s.
Kenneth Tucker, 85, was jailed for 21 years and six months at Exeter Crown Court yesterday (Thursday).
Following an eight day trial, Tucker was found guilty of four counts of rape and 17 counts of indecent assault on four separate victims who were children in the early 1990s.
The assaults took place at his home address in Rackenford.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Simon Scotthorne said: “We are extremely satisfied with the jury’s decision and would like to thank them for their deliberations.
“We would like to thank the victims and the witnesses for their patience in this lengthy judicial process.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
“Without their courage and co-operation, we would not have secured a conviction against a man who preyed upon vulnerable children who were in his care.
“This sentence sends a clear message to victims of sexual abuse, that no matter how long ago these offences have occurred, their complaints will be taken seriously by Devon and Cornwall police and investigated thoroughly - time is no barrier.”