Rackenford man, 85, jailed for historic sexual abuse
- Credit: Archant
The 85-year-old was jailed for 21 years and six months for a string of historic child sex offences.
A Rackenford man has been jailed for a string of historic sexual abuses against children in the 1990s.
Kenneth Tucker, 85, was jailed for 21 years and six months at Exeter Crown Court yesterday (Thursday).
Following an eight day trial, Tucker was found guilty of four counts of rape and 17 counts of indecent assault on four separate victims who were children in the early 1990s.
The assaults took place at his home address in Rackenford.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Simon Scotthorne said: “We are extremely satisfied with the jury’s decision and would like to thank them for their deliberations.
“We would like to thank the victims and the witnesses for their patience in this lengthy judicial process.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
“Without their courage and co-operation, we would not have secured a conviction against a man who preyed upon vulnerable children who were in his care.
“This sentence sends a clear message to victims of sexual abuse, that no matter how long ago these offences have occurred, their complaints will be taken seriously by Devon and Cornwall police and investigated thoroughly - time is no barrier.”