Racing teams in last call for Le Mower at Chivenor
THIS Saturday at RMB Chivenor excited race goers can see the first ever instalment of the high octane racing thrills and spills of what could become a classic event of the motorsport calendar - Le Mower 2.4 Hours. The charity event will bring you all the
THIS Saturday at RMB Chivenor excited race goers can see the first ever instalment of the high octane racing thrills and spills of what could become a classic event of the motorsport calendar - Le Mower 2.4 Hours.
The charity event will bring you all the thrills and spills of white knuckle racing plus the smell of engine oil and fresh cut grass, as daredevil fund raisers climb aboard ride on lawn mowers to compete on a specially designed course.
Organisers are hoping as many people as possible will come along for an afternoon out and help to raise money for the Children's Hospice South West, plus military charities Help for Heroes plus the SSAFA (Soldiers Sailors and Air Force Association.)
Race practice will be held in the morning and then the public are invited along from 12 noon to 4pm to watch the action. In between the racing there will be a chance to browse among stalls and attractions or enjoy a few refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Dave Butt said in the spirit of "24 Heures du Mans" the inaugural Le Mower 2.4 Hours was all about endurance:
"It's not necessarily about being a superstar Formula 1 champ, but we can guarantee there will be no team orders," he said.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 8 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 9 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
"And we're hoping all the wheels will stay on!"
So far, 10 teams have signed up but there is just room for a couple more - so anyone with a "highly turned" ride on mower in the garage is invited to remove the blades and then call Dave on 07818 037726.