Race for Life returns to Barnstaple
Women urged to join the fight against cancer by entering this summer’s event.
BARNSTAPLE women are being urged to join the fight against all cancers by entering Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life.
Event organisers are issuing the rallying cry ‘it’s all of us versus cancer’ to mums, daughters, sisters, grandmas and friends, encouraging them to sign up as soon as possible.
Last year, 1,622 women took part in the 10th Barnstaple Race for Life, raising �73,390. This year, organisers are hoping 1,700 women and girls of all ages, shapes and sizes will join forces for the event at Seven Brethren Bank on Sunday, July 8.
Kate Shimmell, Cancer Research UK’s North Devon events manager, said: “We are very grateful to everyone who took part in Race for Life in Barnstaple last year and in the past but the battle against cancer never stops and we need them to return to the fight in 2012 and bring new recruits with them.”
You may also want to watch:
Race for Life is non-competitive; women can choose to walk, jog or run the 5km route. Most are able to walk the distance in an hour.
Kate added: “We know many women want to take part in Race for Life but are worried they won’t be able to complete the course. We want to reassure them that Race for Life is not about being fast or fit. Instead, it’s a celebration of sisterhood and hope.”
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
To enter the Barnstaple Race for Life, visit www.raceforlife.org or telephone 0871 641 1111.