Race for Life entries now open
- Credit: Archant
Make a stand against cancer in Barntaple on July 7.
BARNSTAPLE women are being urged to make a stand against cancer by entering Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life.
Women and girls of all ages, shapes and sizes can sign up for the 5km run, jog or walk at Seven Brethren Bank on Sunday, July 7.
Last year, 1,575 women took part in the Barnstaple in Race for Life, raising motre than £74,000.
This year, organisers need more than 1,600 to stride out to help raise £75,000 for vital research.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Beare, Cancer Research UK’s South West events manager, said: “Race for Life is non-competitive. It’s not about being fit or fast. Most women are able to walk 5km in an hour while chatting and having fun. Or they can choose to jog, run or even dance around the course if they prefer.
“Race for Life is an amazing way to celebrate life but also remember those who have been lost to the disease. Participants may be decked out in pink or fancy dress but what’s inescapable is the power and strength that comes from thousands of women joining together to confront cancer.”
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 10 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
Sign up for the event at www.raceforlife.org or by telephoning 0845 600 6050.