Quiz at Gurkha
SIR - May I thank all the people who attended the charity quiz and dinner held at the Gurkha Restaurant on September 9? We raised �370 with a draw and along with other money raised a total of �670 which was very kindly made up to �1,000 by Phoenix Learnin
SIR - May I thank all the people who attended the charity quiz and dinner held at the Gurkha Restaurant on September 9? We raised �370 with a draw and along with other money raised a total of �670 which was very kindly made up to �1,000 by Phoenix Learning and Care of Barnstaple.
All money raised will go to Gyanis Fund which is building a small house in the Himalayas in India for three blind children who are living in isolated conditions. The building will be started in October when I visit India.
Special thanks go to Som Bhetwal and the staff of The Gurkha Restaurant who very kindly gave us permission to hold the fund-raiser and made the night the resounding success it was. The food was delicious as always and the service was second to none. It was a very special night as everyone enjoyed themselves very much.
Many thanks to all who kindly donated prizes for the draw. The money will go a long way to altering three young lives, not to mmention their extended families. Once more, thanks, folks, for your kind generosity.
You may also want to watch:
Maureen Charters, Barnstaple.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 3 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics