Quiz at Gurkha
SIR - May I thank all the people who attended the charity quiz and dinner held at the Gurkha Restaurant on September 9? We raised �370 with a draw and along with other money raised a total of �670 which was very kindly made up to �1,000 by Phoenix Learnin
SIR - May I thank all the people who attended the charity quiz and dinner held at the Gurkha Restaurant on September 9? We raised �370 with a draw and along with other money raised a total of �670 which was very kindly made up to �1,000 by Phoenix Learning and Care of Barnstaple.
All money raised will go to Gyanis Fund which is building a small house in the Himalayas in India for three blind children who are living in isolated conditions. The building will be started in October when I visit India.
Special thanks go to Som Bhetwal and the staff of The Gurkha Restaurant who very kindly gave us permission to hold the fund-raiser and made the night the resounding success it was. The food was delicious as always and the service was second to none. It was a very special night as everyone enjoyed themselves very much.
Many thanks to all who kindly donated prizes for the draw. The money will go a long way to altering three young lives, not to mmention their extended families. Once more, thanks, folks, for your kind generosity.
You may also want to watch:
Maureen Charters, Barnstaple.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'