Questions to ask before you vote
SIR - I don t like the way our country is run. Do your readers? Well, if they don t like it, it could be their fault ! Do they realise that our Government was elected by a very small percentage of the population. Sixty per cent didn t bother to vote at al
SIR - I don't like the way our country is run. Do your readers? Well, if they don't like it, it could be their fault !
Do they realise that our Government was elected by a very small percentage of the population.
Sixty per cent didn't bother to vote at all and they are the ones who are complaining the most about our unjust representation, the fact that they have no say and they feel that their MPs are all crooks feathering their own nests.
How do we overcome this problem? The answer is to make sure that we all vote and make sure that we all know what, and who, we are voting for.
You may also want to watch:
We should want to know what their policies are and how they will affect us and our country.
Do they represent our views? No more of this voting for a party because you always have or because your parents did so. Vote for the person or party that represents your views. Study the literature that is sent out by the candidates, don't just throw it in the bin. Ask questions, read between the lines, make your own mind up and go and vote.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
Ask questions such as: How will this person's policies affect me financially? How will my life be affected by the health service, the schools, and the standing of our country in the world and will they take any notice of us and our views after they are elected?
Will they maintain our borders as a sovereign country? Will they look after our money and root out corruption? Will they keep our democracy and protect us against invasion, maintaining our police and armed forces?
These are all questions that need a straight answer, not a political fudge. We need to know, don't we?