Queen Street car park reopens
The former multi storey in Barnstaple opens tomorrow (Wednesday) as a new temporary facility.
THE former Queen Street multi storey car park reopens tomorrow (Wednesday) as a new parking area.
North Devon Council demolished the old concrete car park in January after it became unsafe, before more contractors moved in to create the new temporary Hardaway Head car park.
The short stay pay and display facility occupies the same ground space as the former multi storey and normal parking charges will apply.
The council has said previously the work is just a temporary beginning for the wider regeneration of the Bear Street and Queen Street area.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s good to see the car park reopen, providing more choice for parking in the town centre. Improvements to the car park are part of the wider regeneration of the Queen Street and Bear street area,” said Executive Member for Economic Regeneration, Councillor Malcolm Prowse.
Local ward member Faye Webber added: “I’m glad to see that the car park is reopening and I hope it hasn’t caused too much inconvenience. It’s taken a little longer than hoped because of the terrible weather. I’m particularly pleased the footpath that runs alongside the car park has reopened, as local residents find it very useful.”
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 5 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 8 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
A further 60 parking spaces have also been created at the long stay car park on Seven Brethren.