Queen Street car park reopens
The former multi storey in Barnstaple opens tomorrow (Wednesday) as a new temporary facility.
THE former Queen Street multi storey car park reopens tomorrow (Wednesday) as a new parking area.
North Devon Council demolished the old concrete car park in January after it became unsafe, before more contractors moved in to create the new temporary Hardaway Head car park.
The short stay pay and display facility occupies the same ground space as the former multi storey and normal parking charges will apply.
The council has said previously the work is just a temporary beginning for the wider regeneration of the Bear Street and Queen Street area.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s good to see the car park reopen, providing more choice for parking in the town centre. Improvements to the car park are part of the wider regeneration of the Queen Street and Bear street area,” said Executive Member for Economic Regeneration, Councillor Malcolm Prowse.
Local ward member Faye Webber added: “I’m glad to see that the car park is reopening and I hope it hasn’t caused too much inconvenience. It’s taken a little longer than hoped because of the terrible weather. I’m particularly pleased the footpath that runs alongside the car park has reopened, as local residents find it very useful.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
A further 60 parking spaces have also been created at the long stay car park on Seven Brethren.