Queen Street car park reopens
The former multi storey in Barnstaple opens tomorrow (Wednesday) as a new temporary facility.
THE former Queen Street multi storey car park reopens tomorrow (Wednesday) as a new parking area.
North Devon Council demolished the old concrete car park in January after it became unsafe, before more contractors moved in to create the new temporary Hardaway Head car park.
The short stay pay and display facility occupies the same ground space as the former multi storey and normal parking charges will apply.
The council has said previously the work is just a temporary beginning for the wider regeneration of the Bear Street and Queen Street area.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s good to see the car park reopen, providing more choice for parking in the town centre. Improvements to the car park are part of the wider regeneration of the Queen Street and Bear street area,” said Executive Member for Economic Regeneration, Councillor Malcolm Prowse.
Local ward member Faye Webber added: “I’m glad to see that the car park is reopening and I hope it hasn’t caused too much inconvenience. It’s taken a little longer than hoped because of the terrible weather. I’m particularly pleased the footpath that runs alongside the car park has reopened, as local residents find it very useful.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
A further 60 parking spaces have also been created at the long stay car park on Seven Brethren.