Queen crowning will kick off Hartland carnival week
HARTLAND carnival week kicks off with the crowning of the carnival royalty in the Parish Hall on the evening of August 1. This year s carnival queen is Michaela Phipps, with Harriet Knock and Gabby Pyne as her attendants. Fairy queen is C
HARTLAND carnival week kicks off with the crowning of the carnival royalty in the Parish Hall on the evening of August 1.
This year's carnival queen is Michaela Phipps, with Harriet Knock and Gabby Pyne as her attendants.
Fairy queen is Chelsie Gillam and her attendants are Molly Langford and Amy Pillman. The pre-school prince and princess are Aiden Newall and Nina Hall.
The 7.30pm crowning will be followed by a concert by Hartland Town Band.
You may also want to watch:
Check the website www.hartlandcarnival.com for more information
Other events during the week are: Aug 2, carnival quiz night at the Parish Hall; Aug 3, bingo in the Parish Hall ,7.30 pm and judging of the Best Dressed House; Aug 4, Family Fun Night at the Playing Fields 6pm; Aug 5, skittles tournament at the parish hall 7pm; Aug 6, military whist drive at the Parish Hall 8 pm; Aug 7, grand carnival procession 7pm.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
On carnival night Northgate Green, North Road and part of School Lane will be closed between 5pm and 7 pm for judging and Fore Street, North Street and School Lane will be closed between 7pm and 8.30 pm for the procession.