Quacky races in Braunton this Bank Holiday Monday
DUCKS will be flocking to Braunton this Bank Holiday Monday to take part in the Annual St Brannock s Duck Race. The plastic quacky racers will be racing in the River Caen beside the churchyard, by Deans Bridge in Church Street as part of a fun-filled f
DUCKS will be flocking to Braunton this Bank Holiday Monday to take part in the Annual St Brannock's Duck Race.
The plastic "quacky racers" will be racing in the River Caen beside the churchyard, by Deans Bridge in Church Street as part of a fun-filled fund raising day with plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy.
Beside the river and at the Vicarage Garden there will be plenty of stalls, from bric-a-brac to books and preserves, as well as pony rides for the children and a host of games for people of all ages to enjoy.
The day opens at 12 noon and runs until 6pm, with plenty of races since the contestants get to swim the route more than once, after they are fished out of the river downstream!
You may also want to watch:
And why not join the duck hunt too? "Donald," number 101, has been missing for some time and is waiting to be reunited with his 64 sisters and 36 brothers! Last seen going over the weir at Dean's Bridge and heading for the village centre and beyond...
A choice of refreshments will be available, including Devon cream teas served in the Vicarage Garden, while a barbecue will cooking up beside the river for those who prefer hot food.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
Anyone who hasn't yet bought put their name to a duck will have plenty of chances to do so on the day.
The end of Race Day will be the Grand Race when all the winners will be pitted against each other to find the Duck of the Year. Prizes will be awarded for the winning duck in each race with a grand prize for Duck of the Year.