Put heritage into new Bideford beer
People of the town and surrounds asked to name a new “heritage ale” for Bideford 500 celebrations this year.
THE people of Bideford are being asked to put their creative juices to work by naming a new beer to celebrate the town’s rich and varied history.
In the run up to Bideford Heritage Day on Saturday, June 30, Bideford 500 has teamed up with Country Life Brewery at Abbotsham to create a “heritage ale” for the occasion.
The winning name needs to reflect the wealth of “the Little White Town’s” Elizabethan past and all suggestions must be submitted to organisers by Monday, April 2.
The winners will receive a special presentation pack of the first three numbered bottles of the new brew. The winner will be announced in April and the beer itself will be available to buy in pubs in Bideford and in bottles, from June.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants to christen the heritage ale needs to take into account something that reflects Bideford history. This could include the exploits of Sir Richard Grenville, who led mariners and adventurers to explore and colonise land in the name of Elizabeth I.
Or possibly the tale of “The Lost Colony of 1587” when colonists set off from Bideford bound for Roanoke Island in present day North Carolina. For a plethora of interesting historical nugget, visit www.bidefordheritage.co.uk.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
To enter the competition email your suggestion, along with your contact details, including name and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org