Put heritage into new Bideford beer
People of the town and surrounds asked to name a new “heritage ale” for Bideford 500 celebrations this year.
THE people of Bideford are being asked to put their creative juices to work by naming a new beer to celebrate the town’s rich and varied history.
In the run up to Bideford Heritage Day on Saturday, June 30, Bideford 500 has teamed up with Country Life Brewery at Abbotsham to create a “heritage ale” for the occasion.
The winning name needs to reflect the wealth of “the Little White Town’s” Elizabethan past and all suggestions must be submitted to organisers by Monday, April 2.
The winners will receive a special presentation pack of the first three numbered bottles of the new brew. The winner will be announced in April and the beer itself will be available to buy in pubs in Bideford and in bottles, from June.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants to christen the heritage ale needs to take into account something that reflects Bideford history. This could include the exploits of Sir Richard Grenville, who led mariners and adventurers to explore and colonise land in the name of Elizabeth I.
Or possibly the tale of “The Lost Colony of 1587” when colonists set off from Bideford bound for Roanoke Island in present day North Carolina. For a plethora of interesting historical nugget, visit www.bidefordheritage.co.uk.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
To enter the competition email your suggestion, along with your contact details, including name and telephone number to email@example.com