Pushing the limits
AN INSPIRATIONAL runner is challenging herself to complete six races this year to raise money for two charities.
Candace Jewell, from Bideford, caught the running bug last year and has already run one of this year’s races in a 10-mile battle against the winter elements.
The Braunton 10 Miler was the first of the six races which also include two races in Bideford of 10k and 10 miles each, a seven-and-a-half-mile run across Exmoor and two half marathons.
Every penny she raises will be split between the Chemotherapy Appeal and Bliss, a charity which helps premature and sick babies.
Candace said: “Running is definitely addictive. I have taken part in race for life for the past two years but my taste for running really started after entering the Bideford 10k run last May as part of the Farm and Cottage Holidays team.
You may also want to watch:
“These races are a very exciting challenge for me and I am proud to have the full support of family, friends and all my colleagues.”
If you wish to support Candace and donate towards her chosen charities, you can visit her Just Giving page at www.justgiving.com/teams/run2012.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home