‘Purple push’ for appeal
It’s not too late to join the purple movement and push the Chemotherapy Appeal closer to its target.
North Devon will be awash with a sea of purple next week to help the Chemotherapy Appeal reach the million pound mark.
The Big Purple Day will take place on June 13 with everybody grouping together in a sea of violet.
Events, purple-coloured work clothing, and even a spray-painted sheep will be raising donations towards the new chemotherapy unit at North Devon District Hospital and there’s still time to get involved to help reach the �2.2 million target.
Staff at the hospital will be wearing ribbons and purple clothing on the day, and visitors will be able to purchase ribbons in the shop foyer or from the chemo unit.
You may also want to watch:
At the BIG Sheep, a pound from every customer dressed in purple will go towards the appeal, and one lucky sheep will even be sprayed purple to raise awareness before being shorn later that day.
Staff at Tesco Braunton will be dressing in purple attire, and various activities will also be taking place in South Molton’s Sainsbury’s store and Marks and Spencer in Atlantic Village.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
In Northam a ‘purple fun day’ will be held with a bouncy castle, glitter tattoos and refreshments at Northam Hall.
And the Gazette will even be pulling out the purple clothing and raising money towards the appeal, which currently stands at �885,000.
To join in and receive a fundraising pack contact Ian Roome on 01271 311772 or email email@example.com.