‘Purple push’ for appeal
It’s not too late to join the purple movement and push the Chemotherapy Appeal closer to its target.
North Devon will be awash with a sea of purple next week to help the Chemotherapy Appeal reach the million pound mark.
The Big Purple Day will take place on June 13 with everybody grouping together in a sea of violet.
Events, purple-coloured work clothing, and even a spray-painted sheep will be raising donations towards the new chemotherapy unit at North Devon District Hospital and there’s still time to get involved to help reach the �2.2 million target.
Staff at the hospital will be wearing ribbons and purple clothing on the day, and visitors will be able to purchase ribbons in the shop foyer or from the chemo unit.
You may also want to watch:
At the BIG Sheep, a pound from every customer dressed in purple will go towards the appeal, and one lucky sheep will even be sprayed purple to raise awareness before being shorn later that day.
Staff at Tesco Braunton will be dressing in purple attire, and various activities will also be taking place in South Molton’s Sainsbury’s store and Marks and Spencer in Atlantic Village.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
In Northam a ‘purple fun day’ will be held with a bouncy castle, glitter tattoos and refreshments at Northam Hall.
And the Gazette will even be pulling out the purple clothing and raising money towards the appeal, which currently stands at �885,000.
To join in and receive a fundraising pack contact Ian Roome on 01271 311772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.