Purple plans pouring in
- Credit: Archant
North Devon people prepare to do their bit for the Big Purple Day on July 12 in support of the Chemotherapy Appeal.
A plethora of purple plans ideas are pouring down the pipeline following the announcement of the second annual Big Purple Day in support of the Chemotherapy Appeal on Friday of next week (July 12).
Businesses, individuals, schools and groups are urged to wear purple, turn purple, eat purple or stage purple-themed events to help drive the appeal past its current £1.56 million mark.
NHS staff across North Devon have been practicing making purple cakes, collecting raffle prizes and crocheting ties.
North Devon Council has invited its staff to wear purple on the day, while Parkside Barnstaple staff will be doing the same, plus holding a cake sale while sales director Andy Witherington has pledged that for every test drive on the Friday and Saturday he will donate £10 per test drive.
You may also want to watch:
The Hele Corn Mill in Ilfracombe is baking purple cakes on the day, while also taking part are Lathwells Restaurant and Quayside Café in Bideford plus Tesco.
If you have an idea for a Big Purple Day event, call Julie on 01271 311772, email email@example.com or visit www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/fundraising.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
* We’d also love to hear about any purple plans you have, so we can preview than and photographers can drop in on the day. Call the news desk on 01271 645056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org