Purple plans pouring in
- Credit: Archant
North Devon people prepare to do their bit for the Big Purple Day on July 12 in support of the Chemotherapy Appeal.
A plethora of purple plans ideas are pouring down the pipeline following the announcement of the second annual Big Purple Day in support of the Chemotherapy Appeal on Friday of next week (July 12).
Businesses, individuals, schools and groups are urged to wear purple, turn purple, eat purple or stage purple-themed events to help drive the appeal past its current £1.56 million mark.
NHS staff across North Devon have been practicing making purple cakes, collecting raffle prizes and crocheting ties.
North Devon Council has invited its staff to wear purple on the day, while Parkside Barnstaple staff will be doing the same, plus holding a cake sale while sales director Andy Witherington has pledged that for every test drive on the Friday and Saturday he will donate £10 per test drive.
You may also want to watch:
The Hele Corn Mill in Ilfracombe is baking purple cakes on the day, while also taking part are Lathwells Restaurant and Quayside Café in Bideford plus Tesco.
If you have an idea for a Big Purple Day event, call Julie on 01271 311772, email email@example.com or visit www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/fundraising.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
* We’d also love to hear about any purple plans you have, so we can preview than and photographers can drop in on the day. Call the news desk on 01271 645056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org