Pupils’ royal rehearsal before wedding of the year
THE happy couple looked resplendent in their wedding attire; the best man and chief bridesmaid were attentive in their duties and the guests were sitting excitedly in their seats.
This was the scene at Woolsery Parish Church during a rehearsal for the real thing, which will take place on April 28, the day before the royal wedding itself.
Only at this ceremony, the stars will be pupils of Woolsery Primary School, who are greatly looking forward to their big day.
The school has taken advantage of the forthcoming marriage of Prince William to Kate Middleton, to teach its 134 pupils about the importance and significance of the many elements which combine to make a traditional English wedding. Three school days will be devoted to the project and the re-enactment of the ceremony will take place at 11am on the Thursday with church bells and proud parents and friends.
The ceremony will be explained by the Priest in Charge of Woolsery, the Rev Wendy Mitchell and a wedding reception will be held at the school at lunchtime. In the afternoon, there will be a celidh in the village hall.
You may also want to watch:
The main participants come from Year 6, but there will be a bridesmaid and page boy from each class
Playing the role of the bride will be Sophie Evangelista, aged 10 and her bridegroom will be 11-year-old Alex Clifton. Classmates Fergal Nesbitt and Chelsea Curtis will be best man and chief bridesmaid respectively.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
Smart wedding outfits for the principals are being supplied free of charge by Always and Forever wedding outfitters, of Bideford.