Pupils hit the stage
School pupils from North Devon take to the stage in Bristol as part of a national drama competition.
A GROUP of school pupils from Bideford became the stars of the show when they performed a play at the prestigious Old Vic theatre in Bristol.
The pupils of Kingsley School selected the new play, ‘Journey to X’, to perform as part of the National Theatre’s annual Connections drama competition.
The first showing of the play was in the school, with appraisal and feedback from a national theatre director, before the group headed to Bristol on Thursday for the grand finale.
The cast of the play set off at dawn, and under the direction of Michelle Borsten, Kingsley’s head of drama, spent the day rehearsing for the evening show.
After the performance, which was part of a double bill shared with another school group from Guernsey, both schools celebrated with a karaoke session in the theatre foyer.
Journey to X tells the story of a group of teenagers flying to London to audition for a television talent show.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 4 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 7 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 8 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 9 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'