Puma kittens arrive at Exmoor Zoo
- Credit: John Hammond
Trio of new arrivals for proud parents Fhu and Niko.
A trio of fluffy puma kittens are set to delight visitors after being born at Exmoor Zoo near Bratton Fleming.
Proud mum Fhu is being a little protective of the newcomers following their arrival three weeks ago – and it seems she isn’t too keen on surveillance either.
Commercial manager Lynn Reynolds said all was set with live streaming cameras in the puma den to enable everyone to watch the birth and the kittens’ first steps online.
So at the last minute mum decided she would much rather give birth in the den next door instead.
You may also want to watch:
If visitors are patient, they may catch a glimpse of the new arrivals – but in the coming days mum will relax a little and begin taking them out in public a little more.
It is Fhu and dad Niko’s second litter, following in the paws of another three last year, which were the first to be born in the UK for some time.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
Eventually the kittens will be rehomed at other zoos as part of the BIAZA breeding programme, of which Exmoor Zoo is a member.