Public respond to Knapp Farm development plan
FOLLOWING two public consultation exhibitions in Appledore and Northam, prospective developers of a marina village at Knapp Farm say they will now be looking at how best to take account of the views of local residents. Speaking on behalf of LTPH Propert
FOLLOWING two public consultation exhibitions in Appledore and Northam, prospective developers of a "marina village" at Knapp Farm say they will now be looking at how best to take account of the views of local residents.
Speaking on behalf of LTPH Property Ltd, Johnny Kidney commented: "A large number of people attended the exhibitions in Appledore and Northam, with over 175 leaving their comments on feedback forms. We will now be looking at how best to factor in the ideas from local residents and to respond to their concerns as we progress the plans."
The multi-million pound proposals are for a "marina village" of leisure facilities, homes and residential care on the riverside Knapp Farm site between Northam and Appledore.
They include a marina with up 150 berths, a 70-bed hotel with restaurant, a 60-bed care home, a mix of 500 homes, a community centre and a small foodstore. There could also be the possibility of a community medical facility in a development that could also bring hundreds of jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Residents can still gain the information from the exhibitions and a feedback form by contacting Meeting Place Communications on 01225 422 243 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon