Public respond to Knapp Farm development plan
FOLLOWING two public consultation exhibitions in Appledore and Northam, prospective developers of a marina village at Knapp Farm say they will now be looking at how best to take account of the views of local residents. Speaking on behalf of LTPH Propert
FOLLOWING two public consultation exhibitions in Appledore and Northam, prospective developers of a "marina village" at Knapp Farm say they will now be looking at how best to take account of the views of local residents.
Speaking on behalf of LTPH Property Ltd, Johnny Kidney commented: "A large number of people attended the exhibitions in Appledore and Northam, with over 175 leaving their comments on feedback forms. We will now be looking at how best to factor in the ideas from local residents and to respond to their concerns as we progress the plans."
The multi-million pound proposals are for a "marina village" of leisure facilities, homes and residential care on the riverside Knapp Farm site between Northam and Appledore.
They include a marina with up 150 berths, a 70-bed hotel with restaurant, a 60-bed care home, a mix of 500 homes, a community centre and a small foodstore. There could also be the possibility of a community medical facility in a development that could also bring hundreds of jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Residents can still gain the information from the exhibitions and a feedback form by contacting Meeting Place Communications on 01225 422 243 or emailing email@example.com
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company