Public meeting over Torrington Hospital cuts
- Credit: Archant
A number of drop in sessions will also be held for residents to voice their opinion on plans to cut 10 inpatient beds in the community hospital.
TORRINGTON residents will be able to have their say on proposed cuts to beds in the town’s hospital in a series of drop in sessions this month.
The sessions will be held every Friday from 10am-12noon in the hospital’s outpatient clinic.
There will also be a public meeting at The Plough from 10am-12noon on Saturday, August 17.
Last week hundreds of residents turned out in force to oppose the cuts to the inpatient ward, claiming they were not properly consulted on the closures.
You may also want to watch:
On September 1, the hospital will see 10 of its inpatient beds closed during what is proposed to be a six month trial period.
Dr John Coop, clinical director for community services for the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, said: “We understand the strength of feeling among Torrington residents about our pilot and we want to give people a better understanding of what it is trying to test.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
“The community will be part of this process for the next six months and we will be relying on residents to tell us their experiences and actively engage in this test.”
Torridge District Council’s overview and scrutiny committee will also be discussing the proposals at its meeting at 6pm on Wednesday.
Residents are encouraged to inform the Transforming Torrington Together task group of their feelings and examples of the need for inpatient beds during the pilot.
They can do so by visiting any of the sessions, visiting www.northdevonhealth.uk/ttt or writing to the chief executive of the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust at NDHT, Raleigh Park, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 4JB.